1. Name the legendary South American, voted the joint FIFA Player of the 20th Century with Pele, celebrating his birthday today.
2. The upcoming ‘South of Sanity’ is being billed as the first-ever fictional feature film to be shot in which inhospitable terrain?
3. What is altophobia?
4. Name the Dadasaheb Phalke Awardee, director of the soon-to-be released Shah Rukh Khan film ‘Jab Tak Hain Jaan’, who passed away recently.
5. Which is the largest river flowing into the Indian Ocean from Africa?
6. Name the world governing body for cycling that has stripped Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France wins.
7. What sort of creature is Beatrix Potter’s creation Mrs. Tiggy-winkle?
8. Why was the name of Native American Kateri Tekakwitha in the news recently?
9. From which part of Italy did Marco Polo supposedly come?
10. Which popular ball game was originally called Mintonette?
11. If one is using the currency ‘Tugrik’, then in which country is the person in?
12. The French call it ‘pommes frites’, what do we commonly call it?
13. George Bernard Shaw's play “Pygmalion” was adapted as which musical?
14. Which element, with Atomic Number 56, gets its name from Greek for heavy?
15. Who was India’s first captain in Test cricket?
Answers: 1. Diego Mardaona; 2. Antarctica; 3. An irrational fear and anxiety to high places; 4. Yash Chopra; 5. Zambezi; 6. Union Cycliste Internationale; 7. Hedgehog; 8. She became the first Native American to be made a Saint by the Pope; 9. Venice; 10. Volleyball; 11. Mongolia; 12. French Fries; 13. ‘My Fair Lady’; 14. Barium; 15. C.K. Nayudu.
Keywords: Young World Quiz