1. On this day in 2007, which country tested the largest conventional weapon ever nickname ‘Father of all bombs’?
2. How did Girisha Hosanagara Nagarajegowda make news on September 3?
3. Which is the largest carnivorous marsupial in the world?
4. How did Kepler-47 in Constellation Cygnus make news recently?
5. Name Salman Khan’s father, who was part of the duo that wrote scripts for hits like “Sholay” and “Zanjeer”.
6. Who recently became the first foreign coach to be awarded the Dronacharya Award?
7. Alphabetically arranged, which would be the first space shuttle?
8. What ‘out-of-the-world’ first did will.i.am achieve recently?
9. Vaduz is the Capital of…?
10. Which best-selling author has decided to build tree-houses, inspired by her fictional building, for her two children in Edinburgh?
11. With which warrior class would one associate swords like katana, uchigatana and tachi?
12. Whom did India beat to retain the Nehru Cup recently?
13. Which is the penultimate Greek alphabet?
14. The German pharma company Grunenthal has apologised after 50 years for which infamous drug that caused children to be born with defects.
15. How did the great scientist Antoine Lavoisier meet his end?
Answers: 1. Russia., 2. He won India’s first medal at the Paralympics in London., 3. Tasmanian Devil., 4. Discovered by the Kepler Mission, it is two planets orbiting around a pair of stars., 5. Salim Khan., 6. Cuba’s B.I. Fernandez, the boxing coach., 7. Atlantis., 8. His ‘Reach For The Stars’, sent by Curiosity rover, became the first musical composition to be transmitted to Earth from another planet., 9. Liechtenstein., 10. J.K. Rowling., 11. Samurai., 12. Cameroon., 13. Psi., 14. Thalidomide., 15. He was guillotined.
Keywords: Young World Quiz