1. Name the Nobel Peace Laureate from a SAARC country celebrating his 71st birthday on this date.
2. Name the three Indian debutants in the first Test against West Indies that concluded recently.
3. The latest and 192 United Nations member state, admitted this date five years ago, has as its capital Podgorica. Name the country.
4. What distinction did Rory McIlroy achieve on June 19?
5. Name the native Indian princess rescued by Peter Pan in J.M. Barrie's classic work.
6. The Puyehue-Cordon Caulle volcano has created havoc with airline travel for the last two weeks or more. In which country is this spewing natural formation?
7. Which body of water gets its name from the colour of the silt-laden water discharged into it by rivers like Huang He and Yangtze?
8. Egyptian-born doctor and surgeon Ayman al-Zawahri is the new leader of…?
9. What is the common name for the buccal cavity in a human being?
10. In which Asian country has its President, Bashar al-Assad, proposed a national dialogue for sweeping reforms aimed at transforming the political landscape?
11. In one word, what is a person worth more than one thousand million dollars called?
12. Which of these low-fare domestic airline is to buy 72 Airbus aircraft worth Rs. 32,000 crore ($7.2 billion): GoAir, Spice Jet or Indigo?
13. Art for Arts Sake is the English version of the motto of which famous film studio?
14. “Yajurveda Mandiram”, the personal residence of a recently deceased famous Indian, was opened on June 17 for inspection. Name the Indian.
15. Complete the saying: “A new broom sweeps clean, but the old…”
Answers: 1. Muhammad Yunus; 2. Abhinav Mukund, Virat Kohli and Praveen Kumar; 3. Montenegro; 4. The Northern Irish golfer won the U.S. Open with a record score; 5. Tiger Lily; 6. Chile; 7. Yellow Sea; 8. Al Qaeda; 9. Mouth; 10. Syria; 11. Billionaire; 12. GoAir; 13. MGM; 14. Satya Sai Baba; 15. ‘…knows all the corners'.
Keywords: Young World Quiz