1. On this date 36 years ago, India entered the space age by launching its first satellite. After whom was it named?
2. Which country's high-speed train service is usually referred to as TGV?
3. Which popular American animated television series about a family debuted on April 19, 1987 as shorts in the “The Tracey Ullman Show”?
4. In India, what should be the minimum value of a “Cinderella stamp” for it to be used on a postal service?
5. Name M.S. Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings team-mate off whom he hit the winning six in the ICC World Cup final.
6. People with brontophobia would avoid venturing out during wet weather. Why?
7. What is the most prized possession in the ‘Shrine of the Book' wing in the Israel museum?
8. In fiction, what can the milk of a Madagascan silky sifaka lemur cure?
9. Named Methuselah, it is situated in the U.S. and is the oldest of its kind. What is Methuselah?
10. If the hippopotamus has been called the “water horse', which animal was dubbed the “tiger horse” by ancient Romans?
11. In North Africa, which group of people are known for the ‘Tagelmust”, an indigo blue-coloured veil?
12. The veteran Tamil director introduced which Indian screen legend in his 1970s film “Aboorva Raagangal”?
13. What type of creature is Shadowfax in Tolkien's “Lord of the Rings” adventures?
14. What is the common name for the “man-portable recoilless rocket antitank weapon” that has now to come to mean any shoulder-launched missile weapon?
15. Which crusading Indian, in the news in the recent past, has the christened names Kisan Baburao?
Answers: 1. Aryabhatta; 2. France; 3. ‘The Simpsons”; 4. Cindrella stamps can't be used for postal purposes! 5. Nuwan Kulasekara; 6. They are people who have a fear of thunder and lightning; 7. The Dead Sea Scrolls; 8. Spelltropy (in Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl series); 9. It's a tree that is said to be over 4840 years old; 10. Zebra; 11. The Tuaregs; 12. ‘Superstar' Rajinkanth; 13. A horse ridden by Gandalf; 14. Bazooka; 15. Anna Hazare.
Keywords: The Hindu Young World Quiz