1. Ingvar Kamprad founded the world’s largest furniture retailer known for ready-to-assemble designs. What is it called?
2. Andy Murray became the first British man to win a singles title at tennis Major recently since 1936. Who was the last British champion?
3. Name the second Secretary-General of the United Nations killed in a plane crash on this date in 1961.
4. Name the cartoonist who made front page news after being arrested recently for his ‘anti-National’ work.
5. Name the third son of David endowed with abundant hair and handsome head.
6. South Korean director Kim Ki-duk's “Pieta” recently won the ‘Golden Lion’, one of the most coveted film awards. At which prestigious film festival?
7. With which Hanna Barbera cartoon character is the catchphrase, ‘Exit stage left!’ linked?
8. Which landlocked Caucasian country won the 40th FIDE Chess Olympiad at Istanbul recently?
9. What is the common name for H2SO3?
10. What milestone was achieved by ISRO on September 9?
11. What is the ‘Giant’s Causeway’?
12. The acclaimed film “The Last King of Scotland” deals with the dictator of which African country?
13. The “Golden Arches” are the symbol of which global food brand?
14. In architecture, an intermediate floor between two main floors is called a…?
15. Aleppo is the largest city in which Asian country that is going through a big political turmoil.
Answers: 1. IKEA; 2. Fred Perry; 3. Dag Hammarskjold; 4. Aseem Trivedi; 5. Absalom; 6. Venice; 7. Snagglepuss; 8. Armenia; 9. Sulfurous acid; 10. It launched its 100th indigenous mission; 11. It’s a natural area of about 40,000 interlocking basalt columns in Northern Ireland; 12. Uganda; 13. McDonald’s; 14. Mezzanine floor; 15. Syria.
Keywords: Young World Quiz