We celebrated World Environment Day on June 5 but did you know that insects play an important role in keeping the environment clean? So, let’s create an environment friendly insect — Cockroach!
You will need:
A plastic milk bottle with a narrow mouth
Art attack Glue
1. Take half a newspaper page and roll it into a ball. Tape it to keep it firm and stick it to the three sides of the bottle cap. Make sure the cap still fits into the bottle.
2. Take two tapes and roll into small balls and stick it to the bottle cap. Roll another piece of the newspaper and stick it to the bottom of the bottle. Next, wrap and stick the body of the bottle with newspaper.
3. To make the legs take eight small newspaper pieces and fold and tape it so it is thick and firm. Then twist it to the shape shown in the image. Stick them on one side of the bottle.
4. For the wings take a cardboard, draw a heart shape. On another cardboard draw four small triangles. Edges should not be pointed. Cut out the heart and triangles . Stick the triangles to the heart shape. Stick the heart to the bottle.
5. For the neck, draw a semi circle on a cardboard and a crown above the circle. Cut the crown and stick it to the open side of the bottle cap. Now fit the bottle cap to the bottle
6. For the antennae, roll two newspapers or wires and use tape to make them thick and firm. Twist them into the shape of an antennae as shown in the image
7. Stick pieces of newspaper to the entire insect with art attack glue. Your cockroach is ready for colouring! With a black marker make designs on the legs. For the mouth, draw zig zag lines in the middle of the bottle cap.
8. Colour the head black except the mouth and the eyes, where you use red and yellow. Colour the body black as well except for a few designs on the leg as shown in the image. Fill the designs with colours of your choice.
9. On the wings, make any design of your choice. It could be as shown in the image. Paint it with golden glitter to give it a more authentic look, mix glue with glitter and paint the wings
10. And your cockroach is ready to clean the environment and also, scare some people!
All this and more only on Disney Channel on Sunday’s at 9:30 AM