• Event will be split into two stages –PRELIMS AND FINALS.
• Only selected teams from the preliminary round will qualify for the main event to be held on 30th November 2012 at THE LADY ANDAL auditorium.
• Competition is strictly based on western dance. No regional song /dance or music allowed
• Competition is reserved only for CURRENT COLLEGE STUDENTS. (Professional dancers or students from other colleges are not allowed to represent a college)
• Arrears students with expired college ID’S are also not allowed to participate.
• Colleges violating the above two rules will be barred from participating in the competition for the next two years, further if any of the winning teams are found violating these rules, the prize will be passed on to the next suitable winner.
• Rights of admission reserved
• The prelims is on 24th November 2012
• Participants must present a 3 minutes minimum and 4 minutes maximum dance sequence.
• Minimum of 8 and maximum of 16 participants will be allowed to take part in the prelims
• The dancers for the prelims and finals have to be the same dancers.
• Costumes are compulsory for the preliminary round.
• Stage props and dance Props are not allowed for prelims.
• All participants must arrive 1 hour before the prelims and check their cds.
• Teams must submit their music only on CD format (mp3 format /USB’S and laptops are strictly not allowed)
• The organization will not be responsible for damaged CDs.
• Spot registration and late entrants are strictly not entertained.
• Selection for the main event is sole decision of judges.
• Marks allotted for the prelims will be given to judges sitting for the finals.
TEAMS FROM OUTSIDE CHENNAI
• Teams arriving for Chennai PRELIMS have to make their own arrangements for travel & stay.
• If selected for the finals, the organisers will pay Rs 1000/- per dancer, (only for the performers on stage) towards travel and stay expenses. The same will be paid in Chennai as cash after the event.
• Outstation teams will be given a special consideration to go on stage for the PRELIMS based on the arrival and departure train timings. Kindly share the travel details with us.
• Outstation teams need to register online and carry your original ids and bonafides on the day of the prelims as well as the finals. Teams will be allowed to participate only if these are provided
Registrations forms can be downloaded from the Hindu NXG Campus Jive website Link or collected from
JOHN BRITTO DANCE STUDIO ,F2, 132 A, 4th Cross Street, Sivaram Sterling Towers,Nungambakkam, Chennai 34 (PH: 044- 28251166 / 044- 28207561).
All teams have to provide the following
• A filled out Registration Form with Xerox copies of all COLLEGE ids of the participants.
• A Bonafide Certificate on the college letter head with all participant names mentioned and duly signed by the right authorities.
All forms have to be submitted at JOHN BRITTO’S DANCE STUDIO (Nungambakkam).
Outstation teams kindly mail the scanned filled in forms to the campus jive email id and carry all other paper work for the event. Also provide us with your travel timings in and out of Chennai for the prelims.
THE LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATION IS 22nd NOV 2012.
Keywords: The Hindu NXg Campus Jive - 2012