Test your knowledge on the winners at the 60th National Film Awards….
1. Who directed the superb film Paan Singh Tomar that won the Best Feature Film and got Irrfaan the Best Actor award (shared)?
2. Which work was chosen as the ‘Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment’?
3. Sudheer Palsane won the Best Cinematographer award for his visuals in Ko:Yad. In which language was this film made?
4. Bala’s new film Paradesi has won for its debutant costume designer a National Award. Name her.
5. Total trivia. In the Feature Film category, how many films and in how many languages were selected for honours?
6. Babu Thiruvalla’s Thanichalla Njan won an award named after a screen icon. Who?
7. Which film was given the Best Film in its language category with the citation saying ‘A love story unfolding to a horrific tragedy and the ugly face of an unforgiving system come through strongly in this well-narrated film’?
8. Chittagong garnered three awards, including Best Lyrics and Best Male Playback Singer.
Name the two
9. Name the Padma Vibhushan recipient behind the award-winning choreography in Vishwaroopam?
10. Name the author of ‘Silent Cinema in India – A Pictorial Journey’ that won the Best Writing on Cinema award.
1. Tigmanshu Dhulia.
2. Vicky Donor.
4. Poornima Ramaswamy.
5. 38 films in 14 languages.
6. Nargis Dutt.
7. Balaji Sakthivel’s Tamil work Vazhakku Enn 18/9.
8. Prasoon Joshi for writing and Shankar Mahadevan for singing ‘Bolo Na…’
9. Pt. Birju Maharaj.
10. B.D. Garga.