The latest issue of our Annual Publication
The Hindu Survey of Indian Agriculture 2007
- Section 1 : Future prospects, Income security, Food security etc.
- Section 2 : Rice, Wheat, Cereals, Pulses & Oilseeds.
- Section 3 : Potato, Spices, Coconut, Sugar, Cotton, Jute/Mesta etc.
- Section 4 : Poultry, Livestock, Marine fisheries, Horticulture etc.
- Section 5 : Precision farming, Weather forecasting, Seed industry etc.
- Section 6 : Floriculture, Fertilizer, Tobacco, Self help groups' etc.
The theme of this annual will be "Retail boom - From farm to market".
The entry of several companies into the agriculture sector has facilitated easy
and fast marketing channels for different crops. By tying up with a number of farmers,
the companies not only offer them a fixed income but also ensure that the farmers never
get a raw deal or left high and dry.
The logistics support provided by some of these companies such as cold storage and refridgerated trucks will ensure that
produce remains fresh and reaches the sales outlet faster. Over time, this fast and efficient transport is expected to minimise wastages that have for long plagued the country's procurement system.
The cover price is Rs.55/-.
Copies can be had on payment of USD 6
(SIX only - To all foreign countries - including Airmail Regd. book post charges)
or INR 75/- (Indian Rupees Seventy Five Only - Within India by Regd. book post)
by demand draft payable at Chennai, India favouring
KASTURI & SONS LTD.
(No seamail mode entertained for any countries. We do not have arrangements to send copies by V.P.P)
Address for communication:
859 & 860 Anna Salai
Chennai - 600002