Union Corporate Affairs Minister Salman Khursheed on Tuesday lauded the workforce of the erstwhile Satyam Computer Services for their ability to retain customers, even as he said that prosecution steps were on in the case, as enough evidence and material had been gathered.

“The CBI has already filed a charge-sheet,” he said.

Talking to the media after addressing the inaugural session of a National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom) CEO summit here on Tuesday, he said the U.S. Internal Revenue Service was yet to finalise its report. However, that report has more to do with recouping the losses made by the company which was listed in the U.S.

As to whether the government had to incorporate new safeguards in the Companies Bill 2009 in the wake of the Satyam scam, the minister said that there was no need for this as the issues raised by the Satyam fraud were already addressed in the new Bill.

“We are very clear that we have reached a level when the industry and the government have to trust each other,” he said.

Nasscom President Som Mittal said that Satyam was an aberration, but he thanked the Union Corporate Affairs Ministry for its handling of the issue, which the minister said was done with least interference.

Mr. Mittal said Nasscom had set up a Corporate Governance Committee in the wake of the scam. It was coming out with a set of best practices.

More In: Companies | Business