The Supreme Court on Friday declined to interfere with the adverse findings of the Delhi High Court against the Department of Telecom and Union Minister A. Raja in the allocation of 2G spectrum.

“We make it clear that the findings reached by the High Court is not interfered with in this particular case,” a bench of Justices B. Sudershan Reddy and S.S. Nijjar said.

It, however, recorded an undertaking from the Attorney General G.E. Vahanvati that the government has not rejected the application of S. Tel seeking allotment of licenses for its operation.

The apex court declined to interfere with the adverse findings after former Union Minister Subramanaiam Swamy, appearing in person, opposed the Centre’s plea for disposing off the SLP filed by it in the wake of an understanding reached between the Ministry and S Tel.

The Delhi High Court had earlier on a petition from S Tel slammed the government for advancing the cut-off date for spectrum allocation allegedly benefiting select companies.

It had quashed the Centre’s decision of advancing the cut-off date to September 25, 2008 from October 1 and had directed it to consider the applications of telecom operators which had applied for spectrum allocation till October 1.

Aggrieved, the Centre had appealed in the apex court.

Swamy, who moved an intervention application, opposed any move to dispose off the SLP on the ground that it would have a bearing on the ongoing CBI investigations into spectrum allocation row.

He said he had already written four letters to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking permission to prosecute Raja but the same had not been granted to him.

More In: Industry | Business