Margazhi Conversation: 'Chitravina' N. Ravikiran
Download the video
The strong preference for vocal Carnatic music is limited by language and geography. Instrumental music, on the other hand, has transcendental appeal, says Chitravina exponent N. Ravikiran in this insightful conversation with Dharma Raman
- 14:18 Man United buries Galaxy 7—0 in Van Gaal debut
- 13:58 How can you wait for 3 years to file review plea, court asks Whistling Woods
- 13:22 Sri Lanka recover to 115—3 at lunch after Steyn grabs 2 wickets
- 11:28 Bangalore schoolgirl sexual assault: parents meet with school authorities and Education department officials, reports Tanu Kulkarni
- 11:26 BBMP officials take up encroachment removal drive at SKR Market. Footpath vendors evicted, reports Chitra V Ramani.
- 10:35 10 students killed as train rams bus in Medak
- 09:49 Bandh being observed in Kolar district today against rapes and sexual harassment incidents.
- 00:24 Kochi-type Start-up Village at Vizag?
- 00:10 Tigers in playful mood
- 23:21 `Fee reimbursement scheme a big scam’
- 19:38 MH17 black boxes handed over to British experts
- 19:32 India, Pak foreign secys to meet on Aug 25
- 17:14 John Abraham turns football spotlight on north-east
- 15:43 The meeting between the school staff and parents in the Bangalore child rape case scheduled for today has been postponed to Thursday. The parents want to negotiate with the school management which failed to arrive for the meeting.
WorldView with Suhasini Haidar
Extreme outcomes in the Great Game over Ukraine
The shooting down of MH17 is one of the most horrific consequences of the latest version of the "Great Game".
Free for all
An Uncritical Eye - "The World Before Her"
It’s a telling commentary that the media groups blacklisted any news on the film and the VHP chose to make it more popular!
|Gujarat, Rajasthan and Punjab: The Need for a Border States Group|
The aim of the research report by Tridivesh Singh Maini is to examine the approach of the political leadership, as well as the business community, in three ‘border States’ towards India-Pakistan ties.This paper has sought to look at a number of factors, which include politics, economics as well as security issues.Read Article »