Online edition of India's National Newspaper
Friday, Dec 09, 2005
Front Page |
Tamil Nadu |
Andhra Pradesh |
New Delhi |
Other States |
Advts: Classifieds | Employment | Obituary |
HYDERABAD: Medak has been allotted 20,000 tonnes of rice for works executed under the Food- For-Work (FFW) last year and the quota would reach the district in a couple of days.
Revenue Minister D. Prasada Rao told S. Ramalinga Reddy (TRS) during question hour in the Assembly on Thursday while replying to a question whether there any programmes were proposed to mitigate the drought conditions in the five mandals of Dommat Assembly constituency.
The Minister admitted that there was deficit rainfall in the five mandals but they could be declared drought-affected only when they met the prescribed norms.
A report on crop yields was yet to be received from the district Collector.
Mr. Reddy brought to the notice of the Minister the storming of the Dubbaka Mandal Parishad office by farmers demanding rice on Wednesday.
He said the 500-odd kuntas and 76 tanks in the constituency dried up while the rest of the State received heavy rain.
T. Harish Rao (TRS) expressed dismay that the allotment of rice was only 20,000 tonnes while the district required 30,000 tonnes for works already executed.
The Hindu Group: Home | About Us | Copyright | Archives | Contacts | Subscription
Group Sites: The Hindu | Business Line | The Sportstar | Frontline | The Hindu eBooks | The Hindu Images | Home |
Copyright © 2005, The
Hindu. Republication or redissemination of the contents of
this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of