Saturday, Nov 20, 2004
Front Page |
Tamil Nadu |
Andhra Pradesh |
New Delhi |
Other States |
Advts: Classifieds | Employment | Obituary |
LONDON, NOV. 19. Indian skipper Sourav Ganguly would depose through teleconference before the one-man ICC commission in connection with his appeal against the two-Test ban imposed for slow over rate in the BCCI Platinum Jubilee cricket match last week.
The ICC media release said here today that the teleconference between Ganguly and Appeals Commissioner Tim Castle would be held on Nov. 25 and the Indian skipper was free to take part in the first Test against Australia starting on Nov. 20.
``The appeal by Ganguly, against a two-Test suspension will not be determined until after a teleconference on Nov. 25 and that Ganguly is free to take his place in the first Test against South Africa,'' the release said.
Ganguly has written a second letter to the ICC stating that total time ``lost, and not wasted'', due to injury and dew factor was 60 minutes, whereas they needed 58 extra minutes to complete the India-Pakistan match on Nov. 13. Agencies
The Hindu Group: Home | About Us | Copyright | Archives | Contacts | Subscription
Group Sites: The Hindu | Business Line | The Sportstar | Frontline | The Hindu eBooks | Home |
Copyright © 2004, The
Hindu. Republication or redissemination of the contents of
this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of