Wednesday, Nov 26, 2003
Front Page |
Southern States |
Other States |
Advts: Classifieds | Employment | Obituary |
By Our Staff Reporter
According to police sources, Selvi (14), daughter of Samikannu of Peranaipatti, near Keelavaniyankudi, and her friend, Sakunthala (14), daughter of Ammavasai, were studying in the Keelapoongudi Government higher secondary school. They fainted during the school prayer and were taken to the government hospital here, where Selvi died.
Sakunthala told the police that their parents' criticism forced them to consume pesticide.
In another case, Elavarasi (14), daughter of Swaminathan of Sengulipatti, near Kandipatti, studying Standard IX in the Nattarasankottai K.M.S.C. government higher secondary school for girls, on her way to school, swallowed a poisonous nut, without knowing its effect. She fainted on entering her classroom and was admitted to the government hospital.
The Hindu Group: Home | About Us | Copyright | Archives | Contacts | Subscription
Group Sites: The Hindu | Business Line | The Sportstar | Frontline | The Hindu eBooks | Home |
Copyright © 2003, The
Hindu. Republication or redissemination of the contents of
this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of